My dad emailed me the other day to let me know it was 16 degrees in Seattle right now. I day dreamed yesterday the next time I'll be cold.
I thought it was hot when I arrived here but that was the tail end of the Tanzanian winter. We're just now getting into the heart of the summer and it's actually getting hotter. Imagine July in Washington DC and that's what kind of weather we get here (80 degrees with 80% humidity). Now imagine there's no electricity (so no AC, not even fans), the wind dies down, there's no insulation in your house, and the bathing water is as warm as it is outside.
You know when you take a shower and start sweating right after? Try literally non stop sweating all day. As long as our power is off (as it has been the last 4 days), there's no way to cool yourself other than the ocean. I sweat every minute of the day including when I sleep.
Here's to more dreams about cold weather because I'm not getting it any time soon.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

While we were stuck in a twin bed together in hot and mugggy el salvador, todd taught me a trick he picked up in indo where you take a damp cloth and put it on your forehead to cool off while you sleep. If Ben ever sees that sentence he will totally piss his pants laughing, but I'm going to post anywyas.
ReplyDeleteWill