Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day in the Life: Part 2


Goodluck and I went on facility visits all week last week and I snapped this picture of Goodluck, our driver, and a nurse we were transporting. Each day when driving to different locations we get stuck in the mud or sand at least once. It quickly becomes a community event as a group of African men appear out of nowhere to help us dig and push our car out. The .5 hour to 1.5 hour delay used to stress me out but it's a daily challenge I've come to expect and actually enjoy. A bunch of guys digging and pushing a car out of the mud? How fun is that? There's normally a big cheer from the group when we successfully get to solid ground and a lot of words of appreciation and waves as we shoot off to our next health facility.

I can't help but laugh about how different the daily challenges are for my friends living in the states. I will definitely miss the daily adventures when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment