The 2010 World Cup started two days ago and is gripping this country (along with the world). I've never really followed futbol until last years Confederations Cup where the US played brilliantly and made it all the way to the finals. Since then I've been watching the English league (the favorite of most Tanzanians, go Arsenal! ) and have been getting more and more excited as the World Cup has been approaching.
This Friday I'm headed to Johannesburg for a week to catch games live! My first game is USA vs Slovenia on the 18th. I'll try to post some videos and pictures from my experiences there ASAP.
GO USA!
Also, congrats to Ghana today for achieving Africa's first cup win!
For an interesting mix of social justice and the World Cup check out this site.
Happy Sunday.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment